Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Space is Your Space

I created a MY Space account last year. I checked it a couple of times and then I kept getting Spam friend invitations. I checked back on my account and was pleased to have a message from an old college roommate of mine. I have tried to search for him online several times to no avail. I have not spoken with him since 1994. That was killa!! I did not care for Bebo. I set up an account. However, I did not create a profile. I do not think I will. I did not find the search feature very friendly. I looked for several people and groups with limited success. I do not like that site. I mean that the whole layout and vibe of the site bugs me. My profile in Facebook is bare bones. I hope to fill in the information with a beverage of my choice in the near future. I enjoyed the layout. I can see myself using My Space and Facebook. However, I do not imagine that I would be a constant visitor or user. In other words, I do not foresee checking my accounts with the frequency of my yahoo e-mail account. I do not like Friendster. Again, something about the layout. If I feel more comfortable using both MySpace and Facebook... why would I use Friendster? I finally switched over to Google Maps because Yahoo Maps was driving me crazy. I had always used Yahoo Maps and continued out of habit. However, I much prefer the speed , ease of use and hybrid feature in Google Maps. My point being that you should go with an interface that you enjoy. I can foresee using LinkedIn. It seems to be career oriented. In other words, it serves a different purpose than My Space or Facebook. LinkedIn is the "work" site and the other two are a beer in front of the computer type. I hope to find some long lost folks in Facebook!! ZZZUUpp!!!

1 comment:

Book Lover Lady said...

Hey Malcolm! Just had to say that I enjoy reading your posts and just LOVE your blog title! Just reading it makes me smile....We miss you at JOH! Nancy W.