Monday, November 5, 2007

You Tube and Podcast Junction

This is one Quest that I had a definite handle on. I watch you tube clips on average of one hour per night. My wife watches television. I generally do not (except Simpsons and Jeopardy). While my wife watches TV, I view youtube clips. I look for musical clips and old comedy clips. the nice thing is that an old show of band can pop into your head and you can be viewing a clip within 30 seconds. Fot this Quest, I had a problem with the videos skipping as warned. I looked at a few of the old commercials as suggested. I also tried to watch a 2007 video of the band the Cult since they came to town this past weekend.Instead of wondering how a band sounds live these days, you can use youtube to view recent shows to help you decide wether to go or not. I did not go because the Cult was charging $42.00. $25.00 yes. $42.00 no. However, the video kept stalling. I cannot say enough about youtube, I use it everyday. I did not have much experience with podcasts. I tried Podcast.Net. However, I found all the sites difficult to search. In fact, I went to Google to locate a podcast with Rudy Sarzo on Musician's Corner. I did not realize that Rudy Sarzo was from Cuba. His family left in 1961. I was disappointed that I could not fast forward the podcast. I did not care for Podcast Alley. Killa set of Quests. Zuuppp..... I found a 31 minute clip on Google Video. I wouldn't watch that. I included one of the first clips I found on Youtube. It is a killa clip of Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins. You may know him as Snowman from Smokey and The Bandit. However, Jerry Reed is one of the best Country Guitar Players around.. same for Chet.


1 comment:

bookworm_mommy said...

Hey Malcolm--I'm randomly clicking on people's blogs to see what they are like and somehow knew from the first sentence of your quest 12 that it was yours (before looking at your name of course:) Thought it was funny that you're so recognizable in style of speaking even online.